Saturday, September 27, 2008

Brooke White Concert!

Sat. night after the Relief Society General Broadcast, I was invited by some friends to go see Brooke White in concert! She was giving a free concert at the Mesa Amphitheater. It started really late (because the cover band went forever!) But it was worth it. We were sitting on a blanket outdoors- right in front of center stage. (Pefect spot!) While the cover band was playing, I layed down in the grass and watched the sky. I felt so content. There was a gentle breeze blowing; the grass was soft under my bare feet. It really made me appreciate "being in the moment". Not thinking about the past, not worrying about the future. I could do those later. For now, I was laying down outside, enjoying the live music, being with friends, and appreciating all life had to offer. It was really nice.

When Brooke did finally take the stage, I was really impressed with her. She's so down-to-earth, and kind. I really love her distinctive voice. She sang & played 5 songs- some from American Idol, some of her own that she wrote before. It was cool. At the end, she talked about following your dreams, and working hard to make them come true. It was really a positive experience. I'm so glad I found out about it last minute, and was able to go!! :)

2 comments:

Mandy said...

I am so jealous! I love her voice too! I envy your outdoor concert. That is one aspect of WA life that I love...music outdoors! It totally puts you in the moment! Thanks for sharing!

Mandy said...

Oh, I also just saw that you are working at a dentist office. My brother's fiance is looking for a place to do dental assisting. Is your office looking for anyone or do you know of anyone looking? Thanks!