Guess what... the time has come... to change jobs. My 3 years job itch continues! Almost every 3 years on the dot, I feel the need to change jobs! Weird, huh?
As much as I loved working for Farnsworth Orthopedic Physical Therapy, I just felt like it was time to move forward in my life. And as cool as the people were there (practically like family)- there was no where to grow. I had been there almost 3 years. And it was good. I was just getting a little stagnant... I needed some new challenges.
I tried very hard to get into graduate school this semester. But things just weren't working out. I was trying to take a few pre-req classes at MCC, but it was a big mess. My credits weren't transferring right from BYU to MCC. (Go figure!) I couldn't get into the upper division classes I needed without transferring, but if I transferred my credits- I lost some core classes (like Bio) that I would then have to retake. (Because Bio 100 is a 3 credit class at BYU, and a 4 credit class at MCC... so because they don't match, the Bio credit becomes an elective at MCC). LAME!!!
And it's an even crazier story with my Algebra class. At BYU, I registered for my math class, and went for about 2 weeks. (Until I found out you could take a test, and if you passed- you tested out of the class.) I thought that was a sweet deal. I studied hard, and passed it. Which was awesome. (Until this year!) Because on my transcripts, it shows my math class has the letter W (for Withdraw) next to it. So it looks like I never took Algebra. (which is a pre-req for grad school). I tried to get BYU to change my transcript grade to WE (Withdraw Exempt) - which they wouldn't do. Then I tried to get BYU to write a letter to my grad school just saying that I took that test to pass out of Algebra. But as it turns out, I took that test in 1998- and the scores have been archived to microfilm. (Yes, I'm apparently THAT old!) So- it took forever to get the results from that!
And in all the time it took to mess around with both school's administrations... some of the classes I needed (Anatomy 201) became full, and I couldn't register for them anymore. Then because I hadn't yet received the financial aid I applied for, the computer dropped me from my remaining classes 2 weeks before class started!! (And I was supposed to have until the 1st day.) Anyway- this was all very stressful for a while... trying to figure out what I was supposed to do about school.... or just my future in general! That one Thursday when I wrote on my blog about going to the temple and receiving an immediate answer to prayer, this is what is was about. I felt a pretty clear answer of no- don't go to school this semester.
It's really hard to figure out what you want to be when you grow up!!!! I have been trying hard to figure it out for the last several months!! I've wasted LOTS of time searching through job sites and school websites. I even took at career assessment test! My problem is... I'm TOO well-rounded. I scored pretty evenly in the majority of the categories! According to my career color test, here's some sample ideas of what I could be based on how I scored: (highest to lowest):
Blue (10)=Postal Worker, Museum Curator, Clerk, Bank Teller, Medical Assistant, Planner, Air Traffic Controller.
Green (9) = Radio & Television, Advertising, Product Development, Architect, Photographer, Camera Operator, Writer, Visual Artist, Designer
Red (8) = Receptionist, Athletic Trainer, Social Worker, Occupational Therapist, Travel Agent, , Teacher, Nurse, Religious Work, Recreation Leader, Flight Attendant, Child Care Worker, Counselor, Personnel Manager
Yellow (7)= Landscape Architect, Animal Care, Driver, Fire Fighter, Painter, Construction Manager, Aircraft Pilot
Purple (7)= Education Administrator, Judge, Recreation Manager, Hotel Manager, College Professor, Real Estate Broker
Orange (2) = Psychologist, Computer Programmer
So those were some interesting options to consider. I've spent a lot of time looking into different career choices.... trying to figure out MY LIFE!!! Turning 32 this year clicked something in my brain! Gotta get a grown-up job!! ;)
AFTER!!!
15 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment