Tuesday, September 2, 2008

I Voted! (And got in trouble!!)















I exercised my civic responsibilities and voted today! And got a sticker! Woohoo! :)


But also got in trouble with security! D'oh!! ;)


Here's my amusing story of what happened:


I checked in, received my ballot, and went over to the polls to fill it out. I heard some murmuring over by the people passing out the ballots. I didn't really know what it was about, and I really didn't care. I wanted to vote, and get back home for dinner!


So after I submitted my ballot, I was approached by security. He asked if he could talk to me. I said okay... He was trying to be polite, but was explaining that by law, candidate propaganda cannot be within a 75 foot perimeter of the polls. You can't even bring in the flyers you receive in the mail. I was thinking... "okay... so?" In my hand, I had the book "Breaking Dawn" and my sample ballot- which had all the candidates names on it. (That's so I could remember which ones I had marked down that I wanted to vote for!)


So... for a minute there, it took me a while to catch on to what he was talking about. Then it dawned on me- I was wearing my work t-shirt! (Because I had just come from work.) And on the back it says in BIG letters- FARNSWORTH- and then in tiny letters below it- Orthopedic Physical Therapy.


There is a Farnsworth guy running for State Senate.
And from far away, it looked like I was wearing his campaign t-shirt! (Hence the buzz from the poll workers.) And by law, he mentioned, he could ask me to remove it. (But wouldn't a topless girl create more of a stir??) Anyway, he could tell it was a misunderstanding. Nevertheless, he highly recommended that for the November elections, I wear a different shirt, because this one could be misconstrued by others. And they wouldn't let me in to vote. It was like a 5 minute conversation that could have been a 30 second conversation! (Once I knew what he was talking about!) The funny thing is... I didn't even vote for the guy!! (Maybe I shouldn't say that on my blog!!) Oh well!


If I had to get in trouble for anyone, I wish it could have been for this guy named Adam Armer. Because I would wear a t-shirt with his ad campaign! His signs have a picture of a cute little baby girl wearing sunglasses, and it says "Life is Beautiful" under it. As you know, I'm a sucker for babies and puppies, so that was enough to catch my interest! And get me to check out his website www.AdamArmer.com to find out his stance on the issues! I tried to cut and paste the picture of the little girl, but it wouldn't let me! It's cute though!

No comments: