Saturday, September 13, 2008

Hiking Gisela!

Today, I traveled just past Payson to go hiking with a large group of people.
some were friends I knew before, some are new friends I just met!)
I brought Jasmine along for the ride! She actually has done this hike before!
(A little over a year ago, I took her with me on a camping trip. We did this hike afterwards!) This is my good friend Deena and I at the beginning of the hike to Gisela. Jasmine walked most the way. (as long as there was a trail cleared.) Deena or I carried her when we had to climb up the bigger rocks, or if the trail was overgrown with prickly bushes. This is where we ended up! We spent most the day here playing and talking. Jaz was being a sissy dog- and wouldn't even put her paws in the water!
This is her hiding out in the shade! Sometimes she would come sit by me.
I thought this was a cute picture!!

Some of the group decided to hike a few more miles up to see a waterfall.
This is us waiting for them to return. (Notice Jaz had claimed her spot at the base of our multi-level fortress of shade!!)
That is... until she decided she wanted to move up a level! This girl was quite surprised when Jaz jumped 4 feet vertically to get into her lap! She had to scramble up the very top part, but it was worth it- because this girl held her and pet her for probably 20 minutes while we were waiting!

With my dog well cared for, I went exploring! I found a HUGE spider eating a dragonfly! It was interesting to watch!











I saw lots of other dogs there, but I noticed they were all big breeds. Boxers, Labs, Husky's, etc. Jasmine was the only little dog!! So I was proud of her for keeping up with the big dogs!!
These are the friends I carpooled up there with- Ray, me, (Jaz), Kim, and Deena. My back and arms got pretty sunburned while I was there, but it was a fun trip, so it was totally worth it! ;)



I really should be giving Jasmine a bath right now- but she's passed out on my bed!!! So I decided to write about our adventure first, then deal with the bath!

2 comments:

The Luthy Life said...

What a fun day! I love hiking. I bet Jaz had so much fun. You're a good mommy. Good luck on your house hunting!

deena leena said...

The last photo of Jasmine passed out sums up that day well! It was a blast! I'm so glad that you got to come along. I was happy to get to hang with good friends for an afternoon! I was sooooo tired when we got home and still tired on Sunday! Good times though! Good luck in the new job! Wooohooo!