Sunday, July 20, 2008

The End of an Era... (of 6th ward)...



Here is the church, and here is the steeple.
Open the doors, and see all the people!

This is my church! Correction: This WAS my church.
Today was my last Sunday in 6th ward. They redid the ward boundries- so now all the University wards are in Tempe- where the actual ASU university is! (Which makes sense!)
The down side is- that means the ward as I now know it is over. We're all reassigned to different wards according to where we live. It's good and bad. It's like high school graduation. You're excited to move on... yet it's hard to say goodbye to all your friends! This ward has been so awesome. I've been in it for over 5 years. A couple of times, I've considered jumping ship and going to a different ward. But I've never quite made the switch. And I for sure was going to last year- just to try out a new singles ward. But then I got called as a Gospel Doctrine teacher! So I figured that was the Lord's way of telling me to just stay put for now!
Today was my last Sunday teaching Gospel Doctrine class. (at least in 6th ward!) It was excellent. My class is awesome- they're always willing to participate. Other teachers I talk to aren't so lucky! But I have very good ward members who help make the lessons fantastic. I learn more than they do. I'm just basically there to ask the questions. And my friend Cheryl came to hear me teach for the last time- so that made it even more special.
So now that the ward as I know it has dissolved... I will be going to a family ward close to my house. (and that part I'm really excited about!) I can even walk there- once the super hot Arizona summers are over! So... this is a new chapter of my life.

Farewell to the University 6th ward. (Thank goodness for Facebook, so we can all keep in touch!!) :D

3 comments:

Unknown said...

3 clicks and here you are! I haven't seen you in ages... um since I was in 6th ward. Can't believe those days are done. Hope you transition ok.

Jennifer Brinkerhoff

Steve said...

Sad day! The 6th ward was the best (because of all the wonderful people including CJ)!

deena leena said...

Aw, sad day. U6 was a great ward to call home. I've had so many great friends come from my association with that great ward! Way to hang in there to the end! Come visit me anytime, I'll lone you a wheelchair so you fit into the EG Ward! LOL.