If you can't tell, Jasmine has a very good life.
I'm not going to deny that Jasmine is spoiled. She is.
Training her is my hobby. I've spent quite a lot of time working with her, teaching her new tricks, going to obedience classes, and most recently- working towards her certification to becoming a therapy dog. She's the best dog- smart, affectionate, loving.
SOOOOO... you can imagine how my heart stopped when I got a phone call on Monday night from a guy asking if my dogs were missing!! (at this point, I didn't know they were!) I had left Jasmine in my parents' backyard to play with their dog Toddy. (Just the same as I have done every other Mon/Wed/Fri of her whole life)
This guy was out jogging & had seen 2 dogs running loose- a gray one and a brown one. (Jasmine & Toddy) (now Bonnie & Clyde) I asked the guy if he had the dogs at his house. He said no. :(
The gray one (Jaz) would come to him, but the brown one (Toddy) wouldn't. (Toddy's skittish around strangers.) He didn't want to seperate them, so he copied down the phone # off Jaz's collar, and let her go, so they could stay together. He said he last saw them about 1/2 hr ago headed towards Coranado (street). I quickly hopped in the car, and sped very quickly towards my parents neighborhood, praying that Heavenly Father would protect my dogs. (Because of Jasmine's dark coat, she could easily get hit by a car) I called my mom- and she immediately went out looking for them.
My dad ended up finding them first. The two dogs eventually finished their "incredible journey"- and headed back to our front porch. I KNEW my dog was the instigator of this!! She's a little TOO smart. We solved the mystery of how they escaped the backyard. The landscapers had latched the top part of the gate, but didn't push the bottom levers into the cement. So Jaz was able to push it open a little ways and squeeze through. And once Jaz does it, Toddy can usually follow her (bad) example.
At that point, I didn't even care that she had run away. (or gone exploring). I was just so grateful to have her back safe and sound. And perhaps she had gone out looking for me! ;) I was late picking her up!! You never know! :)



2 comments:
Like many others, I just stumbled upon your blog. It will be nice to see what you are up to, since we aren't in the same ward anymore. :( Hope you are enjoying your summer and I hope I still see you around at stuff. :)
I am so glad you got the dogs back and they are safe. Jasmine is such a cutie.
Post a Comment