Sunday, July 27, 2008

Death-defying escape at a fun reception

Well- since a picture is worth a thousand words... it saves me a lot of time, energy, and brain power if I just include a picture along with my post! (and less to read too!!) ;)

Here's my dilemna... I've lost my camera. (Momentarily.) I technically misplaced it last Saturday- the day of Seth & Jane's AZ reception. (Of course!) And am starting to get a little concerned... but I'm still hoping it will turn up here somewhere! However- I've delayed writing here, because I don't have my camera to include pictures!!

So... I'll do the best I can without it. Here's one picture I got off the internet to help describe my crazy weekend.
MMMMMmmmm... looks good- doesn't it?? Seth and Jane had all different kinds of yummy, homemade cheesecakes at their reception on Saturday night. (Kimballicious Cheesecakes!) I picked out a scrumptious chocolate/ caramel piece. I offered to share it with Emmy (because I didn't want to eat the whole thing!) I had eaten about 4 bites of it, when Emmy asked if any of them had nuts in them. I didn't think so, but I double checked with Kimball. He said, "actually the one you're eating does!" (CRAP!) I asked him what kind of nuts (hoping he would think peanut butter was a nut). He said there were pecans ground into the crust! PECANS!!!

PECANS ARE EEEEVIL!!!!! That's like the 3rd worst nut I can eat! (in regards to the severeness of the reaction!) Pecans are +4, and Brazil nut, my most deadly enemy, is +5! So it's right up there on the list! Crrrraaaaap!

Luckily, I had not consumed much (4 bites of scrumptious yumminess)- and was able to go home and get some drugs into my system fairly quickly- so the reaction wasn't as bad as it could have been. I still got a puffy face; itchy skin, and a few hives on the wrists. But all things considered, not bad. At least my eyes didn't swell up. (I hate that!!)

I cut out early from the reception. Not only to go home & get drugs, but also because I wanted to go to my last ward activity. Annie & I figured that odds are- my face would probably start to swell up right as I was talking to a cute guy. And- just like the movie Hitch- that would be the person I would be destined to be with! And for the record, yes, this is what happened. (But not too bad.) I was more aware of it than he was.

So... that was my Saturday. Dog training in the morning, uncooperative hair in the afternoon (of course!), a lost camera, and a daring escape from a pecan allergy in the evening. All in all, a good evening. (Fun reception.) I had a good time (other than that whole nut incident).

P.S. Since I rarely buy into conspiracy theories, I think the whole nut thing was just an accident. I don't think my Seth & Jane (or Kimball) was secretly trying to kill me. ;) But even if they were, I've foiled their plans once again!! Ah ha ha ha ha! Better luck next time!! ;)

2 comments:

Meridith said...

Oh yeah that cheescake looks gooooood.... Too bad I wasn't there, I would've eaten it all up for you, and not let you have any, so no nut reactions.... Who's Kimball???

CeeJ said...

Kimball Carpenter was Seth's friend in high school, and my friend since he joined 6th ward. (For a picture, see the 5/25 post)
He made the all the cheesecakes from scratch. (Hence the name- Kimball-icious Cheesecakes.) :)