I wish I would have had access to a computer out in NY- so I could tell everyone I wasn't going to be on Letterman this time. Here's what happened:
New York was awesome! Jasmine was a little tramatized by her 1st time flying cargo. (Turbulence) Then she had to get used to all tlhe weird sounds/smells of NY. (Not a single blade of grass or tree anywhere to go potty!) But she adjusted.
All the people I dealt with at the Letterman show were super nice. (as were the other pet owners.) They bring in 5 pets. 3 are on the show, 2 are back-up. (Because typically one doesn't peform, gets sick, or can't make it.) All 5 go on stage for rehearsals. (David Letterman is not there- he doesn't want to see the tricks, so his reaction is genuine.) Then they picked the combination of 3 that would flow the best with the show.
They said this was the first time that all 5 dogs performed their tricks! And they asked me and another lady from Colorado if we would be willing to come back for the next time they did Pet Tricks. We both said we would.
It was quite cool to be there, and see it live. It was a short trip- so I really only made it to Central Park, and a good NY deli. The rest of the time was spent doing stuff for the show! But we had a good time- all things considered!
I didn't care for the fact that my return flight was at 6:45 am- so I had to check Jaz in at 4:45 am- and it was 1/2 hr drive to Newark, NJ!! But other than waking up at 3:30 am New York time... it was all good! It seems I handle rejection okay! ;)
I was just happy to get to be there.I thought they seemed sincere when they said they were going to bring us back, but I wasn't for sure until after I got home. Soon after my flight landed, a lady I'd been working in NY called me. She wanted to say how much they enjoyed Jaz's trick, and wanted to ensure that I'd be willing to make the trip again. I told them it was a pleasure, and I'd gladly go again.
They get 3,000 pet trick videos a year. And they only air it 2-3 times a year. From that they narrow it down to 25 videos to show the producers. From that, they pick 5 pets to fly to NY. (for each segment) So- just being chosen to fly out there was awesome!!! So- that's our story.
It's a "To Be Continued" story.... ;)
Check back with us in a few months for part 2!
This is Jasmine- exhausted in her hotel room! It was pretty tiring for the both of us!
I took her on a walk down to Central Park- where we finally found some grass! (But it was fenced off because they were reseeding!)



2 comments:
That's so cool, what an awesome opportunity! I'm glad you had fun, you guys must feel pretty special knowing how many other people you beat out for the chance to go to the show.
That's awesome!! Jon and I checked back on the show the day after it should've aired to see if you made it. Can't wait for part 2!!
Post a Comment