Saturday, March 7, 2009

DAVID LETTERMAN- HERE WE COME!!


GUESS WHAT!?!??!!


I got a call Thurday! THEY PICKED US TO GO TO NEW YORK!!!!!!!!!!!! AAAaaaahhhH!!!!!


Jasmine and I are flying to New York to possibly be on the David Letterman show!!!!!!!!

And I'm really super excited/nervous about it! 1st- I don't want her to feel tramatized from being locked in a kennel for 7 hours down in cargo. 2nd- I'm nervous that I'll freeze up or stumble over my words. 3rd- I'm nervous that she won't do her trick when I ask her to! (Because of all the distractions!!) She's pretty rusty. We haven't done the cowboy trick in months!!! So PLEASE PLEASE pray for us- that all will go well during this trip! We need all the help we can get!

They're flying us out there Monday- we arrive Monday night. A van will pick us up at the Newark, NJ airport and take us to Manhattan. We're staying at the Dream Hotel.

We have dress rehearsal Tuesday at 1 pm. They fly out 5 dogs for this. Then they see which do the best with the stage, lights, band, audience, noises, etc. Then they pick 3 to be on the show that night. The other 2 are back-up in case someone gets sick or lost or something. But even if we don't make it on the show, we'll be there watching! The show tapes at 4:30 pm, and airs on TV that same night.

You'll have to watch David Letterman's Stupid Pet Tricks
to see if we get picked!!
**Tuesday, March 10, 2009 on CBS**

Then- we fly back Wednesday morning. The only flight available back to PHX leaves at 6:45 am!! The van is picking me up at 4:30 am. Which means I have to wake up at 3:30 am to get ready. (which is technially 11:30 pm Arizona time!!!!) So I'm going to be REALLY REALLY TIRED after this trip!!! (Not to mention the fact that even right now, I'm so excited/nervous about this trip that it's hard to sleep!) Crazy, crazy, crazy!!

So I just have to get over the nervousness, and things will be great. I love showing off my talented dog. (assuming she cooperates!) And even if she doesn't- I feel honored to have been chosen. And I still get a free trip to New York City! (In fact, it makes me feel better knowing there's a small chance we might not be on the show!!) ;) But then again- I hope we do make it- because people love watching Jaz do her tricks. So it makes people happy. And she loves to performing. (cuz she gets treats!) ;) We're very similiar this way!

Thank you my friends for all your good luck wishes!!! We're going to need them!!! ;) I'm serious when I say- PLEASE keep us in your prayers that things well. (whether we get picked or not doesn't matter.) I just want to do the best I know how. THANKS!!! :)

4 comments:

Connie said...

AHHH CEEJ! I'm SO excited for you! Have yourself a great time and we'll watch for sure! Love ya!

The Luthy Life said...

CJ!!!!!! Holy cow! This is so exciting! You know I will be watching. I can't wait to watch! I will be telling my family about it. You and Jaz will be in my prayers. I know you two will do just fine. You're naturals. Good luck!

Kelli Hobbs said...

CJ, I am so excited for you and Jasmine too. It is happening so fast and you score a free trip out of the deal. What a fun and memorable experience and I hope you get on the show. Kelli

Jen said...

I was so excited for you. We stayed up to watch it and Eliott and I kept saying we were nervous for you. It was funny! we were bummed you didn't get picked! sorry!! But hey at least you got to go to new york!!