I was out rollerblading with my dog Jasmine tonight. It was a beautiful evening, so I was just enjoying being outdoors. It was so nice out, I had taken a longer route home. I could see a full moon; it was twilight so the sky was changing colors. It was a cool evening. I was thinking about all this, enjoying the rhythm of rollerblading w/ my pup right behind me. I was not really paying attention to my immediate surroundings until suddenly I heard growling. Startled, I looked around, but couldn't see another dog. By this time, Jaz had stopped running and was looking back. Then I heard a bark. This time I looked back, then up. Perched on top of the 6 foot wall were 2 big black/brown dogs. (Like Rottweiler mixes) watching us. That kind of freaked me out. I'm used to dogs growling and barking at us from behind a fence. But not from on top of it!!! I rollerbladed home as fast as possible. Then grabbed my camera and got in the car w/ Jaz to head back. (I figured that way we'd be protected if they jumped down.) I brought my camera because I wanted to show the owners that their dogs were capable of getting out of their yard. I went back trying to find the exact house where they were. Jaz started barking and they reappeared on top of the fence. I took pictures from my car, and watched them. I was able to get a better look at them (once I felt safe in the car)... and watched their behaviors. They ran back and forth across the fence. I cautiously got out of the car (leaving Jaz inside with the windows down.) Up close, they looked more curious than aggressive. They never jumped down off the fence. So I decided not to tell their owners. It's not as freaky if you're not caught off guard by a double pair of glowing eyes growling at you in the dark! 
But freaky enought to write about it on the blog!! So...that was my Harry Potter experience!



2 comments:
No that's still freaky, even without the rollerblades
Dearest CJ,
I know you are a dog lover extraordinaire but this is scary. I would go and talk to the neighbors in the day time just to let them know. The Vet I worked for raised Rottweiler's and they are a most loving and intelligent dog but also are breed to be guard dogs. I would print the blog and show it to them. Perhaps you will find out they know there is an electric fence as well but still I would. You were safe and Jasmine was safe but what if it were a younger child and something did happen. You may find that these are great neighbors but that is a very scary situation. I love you dear daughter. PS When you come over remind me how to do my blog as this is fun to read about those you love. Love, Mom
Post a Comment