Friday, October 24, 2008

Going to Court... not as fun as you might think!

What is the most possible thing fun thing you could do on your day off?

Did I do that? No. I'm pretty sure my answer is no. ;)



I originally offered to go to court with a friend today because he needed the moral support. I got dressed up really nice and professionally. I was kinda excited to learn more about the judicial process. I did watch a lot of "Matlock" growing up, so I looked forward to seeing this in action. ;)



Little did I know- being summoned to "go to court"- means reporting at 8:30 am- and sitting on a hard wooden bench surrounded by lots of other interesting types of people until your name is called. They start calling names at 9:25 am. We didn't make the cut in the morning, and were dismissed for a lunch break at 12:00 pm. Then FINALLY around 3:15 pm we were called back. Yep- almost 7 hours of waiting fun. There were all sorts of interesting stories to eavesdrop on to pass the time. (Some of the people there were in there for some serious felonies!!) But it was still quite the wait!! And yes, if you were wondering, my cell phone battery died from texting so much.


I had only planned on spending a few hours of my morning there, because then I needed to get my car fixed, and I had a plumber coming at 1 pm to replace a leaky faucet. But... as you know... service is never convenient.



I'm just grateful I have really good friends like Deena who came by my house on her lunch break to unlock the door for the plumber!! (THANK YOU SO MUCH DEENA!!!) :) And I got my car over to the repair place during the lunch break, and the dealership shuttled me back to the courthouse.


So, it was a productive, yet very tiring day. After meeting w/ the attorney, then w/ the judge- another trial date was set. So the fun continues in December. (But I am the proud owner of a new radiator!) Yipee! ;)

1 comment:

Connie said...

You're such a great friend! We're all super blessed to know you! And congrats on your new radiator! :D OHHH, here's where I got the "I belong" thing for my blog...http://leeloublogs.blogspot.com/2008/05/lds-link-buttons.html Love ya!