If you haven't already heard, last Thursday we had an INTENSE monsoon storm!
Here's some pictures of the storm I got from the news:







We had 3 storms hit us one right after another. When I was first driving to my parents house around 7:30 pm, clouds covered the whole sky. There was a symphony of light- large sections of the sky would light up one after another! About 20 minutes later, it started POURING rain! With loud crashes of thunder rolling. (which Toddy was growling and barking at.) The lightning in the clouds made the sky look like a strobe light. It was crazy to watch! Around 8:30 pm, I headed for home with both doggies in tow. In retrospect, I should have carried them both to the car, because the pouring rain had left deep puddles on the sidewalks & I have small dogs! But as it turned out, the wet dogs on my lap didn't really make a difference. Because the sunroof on my car doesn't close completely. So the inside of my car was wet too. What the heck- why not add the wet dog smell and make it a complete package? ;) Toddy (my parents' dog) spent the night with me, so my dad could get some sleep! (Since Toddy feels that growling and barking at the loud claps of thunder will protects us more.) ;)Here's the aftermath of the storm: Gilbert was okay. But Tempe got hit hard. Trees blown down, some power lines. And ASU's new $8.4 million dollar canvas dome was completely ruined!! Whoops! But it did make some big puddles for kids to play in! (Hence the stolen photo with my friend Meridith's kids playing!)





2 comments:
I never thought I'd admit to missing monsoon season, but I do.
I NEED A MONSOON!
Post a Comment