MAMMA MIA- Here I go again! My My! How can I resist ya?
This was such a good movie! I thought Meryl Streep did a fantastic job singing! I had seen the play before, and loved it. So I figured as long as they stuck to the storyline, I'd love the movie too. And I did! 
I can't say if I liked the play or the movie better- because it's just different. I love seeing the play- because it's so fun to experience the live version of the singing and acting. But the movie is awesome too, because they can go more in depth with the storyline and scenery. And you can see the expression on the peoples' faces more clearly. I absolutely loved the location- it was filmed on the Greek island of Skopelos. And it is beyond gorgeous. The sparkling, clear ocean water has always been enchanting to me. And singing the ABBA songs against that backdrop somehow made them more powerful, more emotional. So for that reason, I liked the movie. They're both good. I can't say which I like better.
So when David called me last minute on a Saturday afternoon wanting to go see it, I couldn't turn him down! I had just enough time to get there and back before Sam & Heather's wedding reception. (Which I have pictures from, but haven't uploaded yet!) More to come...



1 comment:
I LOVE this movie! I saw it twice, too!
Post a Comment