Well, I actually think this is Jasmine's year. (Out of curiosity, I looked to see if 2009 was "the Year of the Dog" for the Chinese New Year. It's not.)
But it is in THIS house! This has been a busy week for us! (in addition to the usual crazy life I lead!) On Wednesday, I got a phone call from the media publicist for Mighty Dog- they had media requests from the news wanting to know if we would do an interview. She wanted to know if Jaz and I could do an interview with FOX News (channel 10) the very next morning (Thursday). My office manager Gwen was very sweet. She said she would come in early to cover my shift so I could do it.
So... Carrie Vance and 2 video guys show up at my parents house to tape the segment.
In my opinion, the interview part wasn't so hot. I was nervous, so I talked like a robot- monotone, not smiling. Also- I was rambling. But then we stopped the formal interview part and I was just showing off Jasmine's tricks (something that we've practiced a billion times). And because we were in the house, Jaz was comfortable and did every one of her tricks perfect. The film crew and the interviewer were SUPER NICE. They genuinely liked Jaz and laughed at her little tricks. When they left I told them when they edited the clip together to do more of her, less of me!
And when we watched it that night, it was fantastic!! It was all about her. They cut out all of me talking, and mainly showed me doing the tricks with her. The few parts they have of me talking actually sound coherent, because they took things I said when we weren't doing the formal interview! They cut that whole part out!! GOOD!! ;)
Anyway- I was REALLY HAPPY with how the news segment turned out! I'm trying hard to find a way to get a digital copy so I can post it on my blog.
AND- as it turns out, there are more media requests. Next Tuesday, Good Morning America wants to have both finalists from Phoenix on their show. (Jasmine and another dog named Jesse). This show is LIVE, so it's going to be a little more interesting. (Because they can't edit out any of my ramblings!) So hopefully, I'll just be able to talk normally on that one. Then just in case I don't get that one right... we have ANOTHER interview that afternoon with NBC.
Yikes! My dog has one busy schedule!! The next trick I need to teach her is to "Speak", so she can just do her own interviews. (And I'm happy just being the chauffeur!)



2 comments:
Way to go, Jaz and CJster!! Big time now!
Wow, you guys are celebrities! How exciting! I hope she wins the Mighty Dog competition. I've been voting.
Post a Comment