Smells like updog in here.
What's Updog??
Nothing, what's up with you?
HAHA.
Actually, since you asked... I'll tell you what's up with my dog.
I am the proud new owner of:

A lampshade!
I call her "Conehead". (It's an affectionate term!) My dog has always been the life of the party. So it's only fitting that she got her own lampshade to wear on her head!
So... last Tuesday, I had to take Jasmine back to the vet. Because her bite wound somehow got infected, and turned into a huge absess. (which they had to lance, then drain.)
I asked if that would hurt her. They told me they would try to give her a shot for a local anestetic first, and then if she let them- they would drain it. But if she didn't let them, they would give her a sedative to do the procedure. (and gave me the estimates for both.) They said she might yelp a little when they gave her the 1st shot. (Because the area was so swollen) So I waited while they took her into the back. I heard a tiny little yip, then she was quiet.
I had absess on the inside of my leg a few years back. I had cut myself shaving, and it got infected. So I know the procedure. After they numb it, they make an incision, and have to squeeze it to drain it. When I had it done, I felt the pressure of it, but it wasn't really painful. (Other than getting the initial injections.) So I knew what to expect.
I heard Jaz start yelp again. First quiet.. then getting louder, and more frequent. As I heard her crying, it was causing me anguish. I know this had to be done, but it was breaking my heart. But I kept thinking... just give her the sedative!!!! I'll pay for it!! (Because we were trying the least expensive option first.) But I didn't want her to suffer.
I finally couldn't take it anymore... I went out in the hall to find a vet tech. When I saw her, I told her to just give Jaz the sedative, I didn't want this to hurt her. The tech told me they hadn't even started the procedure yet! The vet was still in another room! Jaz was just back in a kennel waiting for the local to take effect!! So I asked if she could wait in the room with me.
What a big baby!!!!! Poor Jaz!!! So I got to hold her and calm her down until it was time. I took her outside for a quick break. Then when it was time, they took her to the back, and it Jaz didn't make a sound. It was over in about 2 minutes. I almost laughed at how easy it was. She's just like me- gets all worked up over nothing. (regarding medical procedures!)
She has to wear the E-collar because otherwise she'll lick her wounds. And I put the shirt on her, so she won't scratch at it. But after a day of wearing the e-collar, we realized it's very difficult to eat, drink, or see when you're wearing a lampshade!!!
So then I got her this life presever! (In case she's ever on a sinking ship!) Actually- it's the latest thing for injured dogs... it keeps them from turning their head, but doesn't inhibit the other things (like eating, drinking, or just fitting through the doggy door!) And she doesn't run into furniture anymore either!
All good now. :)

Or... a radar detector?


3 comments:
I love the color choices of Jasmine's lampshades! =) too cute! Ceej you've got the coolest dog ever! =)
Poor Jasmine. I'm not sure which is cuter, the lampshade or the life preserver. I sort of think given a choice, they are equally a blow to the self esteem! I love dogs, but so glad I'm not one! Give my loves to Jazz.
Aww! Poor Jaz!! She looks like such a great sport.
I'm reading up and getting ready for our new addition. Yeah! Only 1 more week. We are all dying for her to arrive. Talk to ya soon!
Post a Comment