Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas to all my family and friends!!
This Christmas I am especially aware of the blessings I have in my life. I am so very grateful for my friends and family for the love and support they give me. I am grateful to have Jasmine to make me laugh, and to be able to share her talents with others. I am grateful for my job, the house I have to live in, and for a working car. I am grateful for all the opportunities I have in this life- the good ones and even the not-so-good ones. My "opportunities for learning and growth". (a.k.a. "trials"- which I refuse to acknowledge!)
I am grateful for the people that have made a difference in my life, and the lessons I have learned. I am most grateful for the gospel of Jesus Christ. Not only that our Savior was born, but for His example, and for the Atonement. So that I can return to live with Him again, and be reunited with my loved ones. I'm grateful to have the gospel in this lifetime.. not just for the next... because it provides a buoy to my soul when I feel like I'm sinking. I'm grateful for the power of prayer. Prayer can lift a heavy heart, free you from your burdens, and make your heart light again. I know this from experience.
Here's some other things I focus on that bring me joy:
Good friends and my cute puppy. My friend Deena came over to spend Christmas with us, which was very enjoyable. Good friends are such a blessing. She's also going to watch my doggies while I am away.Look at this cute little guy... how can you not smile?
He's such a flirt!!
This was Finley's 1st Christmas. I think I scored with getting him the little animals. He was quite focused on grabbing them, then trying to eat them. Mmmm.... plastic.... ;)

All my family members are awesome. But little ones are just more fun to watch! We're all enamored with this little guy!

2 comments:

Brenda said...

So how did they like the T shirt??

Mandie said...

Cute pics. Happy New Year!