Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Cruising right along...

I have returned from the cruise!! And for the first day back, it felt like I was still on a moving boat!


We had an awesome cruise!! :) I went with the other staff members at my dad's dental office.



After we left Tampa, our 1st stop was in Key West, Florida! We went on an excursion called the "White Knuckle Boat Ride"! It was fun!! That was about all we had time to do!

Our next stop was in Cozumel, Mexico! We were only there for a day! (Which is sad- because there was sooo many things I wanted to do there! I would really have liked to see the Mayan Ruins (Talum) or gone on the jungle hike/kayaking trip. And there was even a Swim-With-Dolphins excurision! I want to do all of those!



But in the end- my 1st choice was to go Scuba Diving!! There were 5 of us from the office that are scuba certified! I must admit, we did 2 dives- and both were fantastic! The 1st was at an 80 foot wall. The reef had tunnels in it that you could swim through to the other side. VERY COOL.







The 2nd dive was more shallow (about 40 feet)- but full of fish and other marine life. It was awesome. I'm very glad I went!






After scuba diving, we went back to the ship for some dinner (can't pass up free food!) Then we went back out to the local shops to look for souvenirs. I found an "Ole!" hat.. but I didn't get it.












I also found some rockin' She-ra Princess of Power bracelets. (But didn't get those either.) Although I won't deny, they were pretty awesome! Now I just need to find a flying unicorn, and I'd be all set!











The last night of the cruise, they had karaoke finales. And one of our dentists, Dr. Sutherland, took 3rd place!! We were quite proud!





This was formal night. I was brave and tried 1/2 of an escargot. (and yes, I did have a stomach ache later... but I can't entirely blame it on the snail!) Because Jim Cobb at the other 1/2 and he was fine!
This was a 4-day cruise, but it went by really fast! It felt like a good vacation though! I was very glad I had the opportunity to go!! :)

4 comments:

Heather said...

Looks like you had a great time on your trip! I'm a big fan of cruises. Happy late Thanksgiving!

Brenda said...

You look gorgeous in that formal pic! Glad you had a good time.

Jessica said...

What a fun trip!

Jen said...

that looks like tons of fun! cruise, scuba diving AND she-ra bracelets all in one trip!!