Tuesday, October 20, 2009

WHAT? 5 Weeks Later?

I was reading a friends blog, and I noticed mine listed on the side. It said I hadn't updated it in 5 weeks!! What?! I guess it's true!!

Wow- looking over my dayplanner- the 5 weeks has just been FULL of STUFF. Nothing super extraordinary... just lots of different stuff to keep me busy! (Although, there were a few note-worthy events!)

Since opening the new dental office, I've been working A LOT of overtime to get things caught up to speed. So that's what mainly occupies my time!! This is what I look at for up to 12 hours of each day. (Our front lobby) Except when I'm looking at it, it's buzzing with patients! (The art work for the walls is still coming!)


Jasmine had a REALLY BUSY weekend- Sept. 18-19th! We did the whole production shoot for her commercial! Man, that was intense, but awesome at the same time! I wrote about the whole experience on her blog if you want to check it out:



http://myfavoritepup.blogspot.com/2009/09/shooting-commercial.html
The whole shoot took over 7 hours. It was exhausting! All that for a 3 minute mini movie. Crazy. But I was very grateful for the opportunity to do it! Jaz did SO GOOD! (Even on the parts of the script we hadn't practiced!) I can't wait for November for her commercial to come out! (and then for Spring 2010 to see her mini-movie!) :D



Parts of me are actually in the commercial. (If you can tell from this photo, they are shooting me from the knee down. So my legs are in a commercial.) ;) And I actually had a body double for one of the scenes (where Jaz wakes me up in bed). I couldn't lie in bed and give the cue at the same time to have her put her paws on the bed. But other than the bedroom scene, the rest of the legs you'll see are actually mine.

So those were the two biggest events in the past month!
The week after we filmed the commercial, Jasmine and I started Agility class. We go to that once a week. At the very beginning, it was bugging me a little because we working on such BASIC stuff that Jaz already knew. But now finally, we're in individual groups based on size, and have a chance to learn some exciting new things! (Like weave poles, the chute, wobble boards.) It's like an obstacle course for dogs.

In between the big stuff in my life... is a BUNCH of little things.
  • I still am the co-chair for FHE every week- so each Monday I have to come up with something for our group to do!! (This past Monday, we carved pumpkins. That seemed to be a big hit.)
  • I went to a baby shower for my sis-in-law Jane. (Even though she lives in L.A!) We brought presents, video taped the shower, and mailed all the stuff to her in a box! Great idea Jen!
  • I asked a guy out on a date to see the play "Two by Two". (That my old friend Jared was performing in- he did a great job.) And we had a good time.
  • In my ward, there's an "Angel Calendar" that is passed around. You write your name/ phone # if you can give service that day. I finally signed up (for the 1st time ever). They called and wanted to know if I would help bring in dinner to a sister in the ward who's mother had passed away the week before. (This was tricky for me- seeing as how I don't exactly cook!) So I brought the sides/salad/dessert. I figured I couldn't mess up No-Bake Cheesecake, Spinach/Strawberry salad, and a double batch of Green Jello w/ pears. Little did I know! I made the stuff around 2 pm- and had to take it over around 7 pm. I took the jello out of the fridge to put on the counter, and it spilled on my shirt!! It wasn't even set up!! I can't make jello?!? I posted on my Facebook status- "CJ can't make jello. :( It didn't set up. Does that mean I'm not really Mormon?!" ;) (By the way- by the time I got home from my date at midnight- it had set up. I can be Mormon again!)
  • I went to the Relief Society dinner & General Broadcast. I was especially inspired by Barbara Thompson's talk. It was AWESOME! http://www.lds.org/library/display/0,4945,285-1-54-34,00.html It was especially poignant to me- seeing as she's never married, and never had children. I loved it.
  • General Conference was fantastic too. For the Sat. session, my friend Katherine was nice enough to let me watch it at her house. (Since I canceled my cable, I haven't been too impressed with my converter box. It freezes up, and makes it very difficult to watch inspiring messages!!) My favorites were David A. Bednar's talk Sat. morning, and L. Tom Perry's talk Sun. morning. http://lds.org/conference/sessions/display/0,5239,23-1-1117,00.html
  • Sam & Trevor came down to AZ last weekend! :) So we all went out to dinner that Sat. night at Cheesecake Factory. (and to celebrate my dad's b-day a week late.) We had a good time.
  • I attempted to substitute teach Primary- a rambunctious class of 6 year old boys. Let's just say it was not exactly successful. But all survived, so that's a plus.
  • I covered a Friday at my old job (Physical Therapy)... because that's apparently the fun thing to do on your day off!!
  • I volunteered at my mom's big annual fundraiser- the Buddy Walk for Sharing Down Syndrome Arizona. (at Registration).
  • And somewhere in this crazy month that I barely remember, I believe I did laundry, cleaned my house, and bought groceries. But it's all kind of fuzzy.

So you can get an idea on why I barely remember this past month of my life passing! And it's probably not going to slow down any time soon!! Oct-Dec is always a busy time for me! I have Jury Duty this week! Time to pretend to be Matlock again! Well I stayed up way past my bed time, but at least I feel like I caught up on my blog!!

3 comments:

kimmy said...

Yay for keeping busy.

Thanks for your facebook status explanation. I saw it and was like...uh oh. lol

Ryan and Candice Nelson said...

Such cool things happening! Love it!

Jessica said...

Whew! After reading your post, I need a nap.