Monday, on Memorial Day, I had some friends over to the fam's house for a pool party. It was so nice to have an extra day off to just relax! The pool was actually too cold to get in, so most of us just hung out in the jacuzzi!
Tuesday, I went to my friend Heather Halls's bridal shower. She and Sam Blackham FINALLY got engaged. (6th ward's longest dating couple)
Wednesday, I had dog training with Toddy and Jasmine at the park. They did really well. Toddy is especially good. He often gets picked to be the demo dog for the new people!
Thursday, I went to go see Ironman with a friend. I liked it. I thought it stayed true to the original story.
Friday, I went to Robert Bradford's going-away party. When I got there, they were all just sitting around talking. So- it was up to me to get the party started!! (As Dave puts it- I am "the instigator". So I got everyone playing games. (and I made them sit boy/girl/boy/girl too!) Might as well teach these guys how to socialize!
We started with an easy one- the Hand-Slap game, then Heads Up 7-up (recommended by Beano!), Signs, I've Never Ever...., and a new one I didnt' know called the Name Game. (which I really liked)
To play "The Name Game"- you give every one 3 slips of paper, and they write down a name that everyone should know. (Real or Fictional). They put all the names in a bowl. People are divided up into Team 1 and Team 2. (every other person) There are 3 rounds. Description, 1 Word, Action. For Round 1- you pass around the bowl. You have 30 seconds, to get your team to guess as many of the names as you can. (Keeping the paper slips you get). When all the names are drawn, you tally up points- how many each team got. For Round 2- all the papers go back in the bowl. This time you can only say 1 word to describe the name. (But it's the same names as before, so it's not as tricky as I thought it would be.) Tally up the points for each team. For Round 3, you can only do actions, no verbal cues. This round is a little more challanging. But it's still the same names... so you just have to keep guessing. It's fun! =)



No comments:
Post a Comment