Saturday, September 18, 2010

Shootings & Stabbings

So... this has been a fun week for me! Tuesday night was Ladies Night at a shooting range, and I went with my friend Cindie to test out my skills! We didn't have to pay for lane or gun rental.. just the ammo and targets! I've never been to one before, and I thought it would be fun to try! And I thought it would be a good idea to know how to load it, unload it, check the safety, etc.) Just have a basic knowledge of how it works! We had a really good time!
And I surprised myself at how well I could aim at a target! (15 feet and 20 feet back) We shot a revolver (which Cindie likes better), and a semi-automatic w/ .22's (which I liked better!) And I got a pink gun!! =)
And then afterward, we finished up our "Ladies Night" at Texas Roadhouse. It seemed like the right place to go and eat after a shoot-out! ;)

So... here's the interesting part of my life.

The very next day, Wednesday, I took a got stabbed with a knife!

(Although I plan on making up a really good story about how it happened, the truth is I did it to myself!) I was making brownies for a friend, and had forgotten to spray the pan with Pam. So the brownies were sticking to the bottom. I had cut the brownies into rows, and was using the knife to pry them out. I was on the last row when the knife slipped, and I stabbed myself in the hand. (which was holding the pan!) There's irony for you. It turns out I can handle and operate a gun safely and effectively, but put me in a kitchen with a sharp knife and I stab myself!!
I will probably end up having to go see a doctor... because although the wound healed up nicely, I still am having trouble straightening my 3rd and 4th finger. But each day it's getting a little better. So... we'll see! And that's my adventures from this week! ;)

3 comments:

Janey said...

crazy!!! Hope your hand heals!

Seth Johnson said...

no no, no shootings, more like songs and dances.

Aaryn & Mánon said...

Nice shooting! Hope your hand is ok now;)