{FLASHBACK}...ever since I tried to "save" my friend Marie. We were up in Scottsdale rollerblading with friends one evening. She was a beginner- and had started down a steep hill and was alarmed at how quickly she was picking up speed. Soon she was was going out-of-control down this hill- headed straight for trouble. At the end of the hill, the sidewalk turned sharply, and if you didn't make the turn, you catapulted over a low fence into a river of nasty-smelling water. None of the guys were close enough to help her (their stories differ from mine)... so I hurried up to her (on rollerblades) and tried to slow her down. The outcome was the exact opposite of what could be considered "successful"! I don't have an exact recollection of when we fell or how exactly our bodies our mangled bodies ended up at the bottom of the hill. But I do remember being upside down at some point- rolling, tangled up - down the hill. I ended up with the biggest bruise of my life on my thigh. And Marie ended up with a twisted knee. (Plus we both got lots of cuts, scrapes, and road rash.) BUT... she didn't end up in the sewer water! :)
So... since that day... I haven't tried to rescue anyone... at least physically. (Not that I'd had any opportunities though...) So for now... my superhero alter ego is taking a hiatus. (But it's still fun to wear the mask!) ;)



2 comments:
You are as beautiful as ever!
Wow, you're lookin gorgeous there! Looks like you had a great time :)
Post a Comment